Hourly or Live-In care
Legacy Home Care can provide services on an hourly basis, or provide 24 hour live in care. No two clients are alike, and therefore, our RN supervisor will work with you and your family to determine how best to meet your needs.
Personal care tasks means assistance with:
- Dental care
- Dressing, and
Personal care may also include, but is not limited to proper nutrition, home management, housekeeping tasks, ambulation and transfer, and medically related activities, including the taking of vital signs only in conjunction with the above tasks.
The Companion /Sitter portfolio includes the following tasks which can be provided to seniors, individuals with special needs, new moms and expectant mothers, children, and others.
- Transportation and escort services
- Meal preparation and serving; and
- Household tasks essential to cleanliness and safety
- Trash disposal
- Grocery Shopping
- Bill paying
- Doctor’s appointments
- General shopping
- Grocery shopping
- Hairdresser/barber appointments
- Medical testing and outpatient procedures
- Prescription drop-off and pick-up
- Religious services, concerts, plays, lectures
- Special family events like weddings and family reunions
- Therapy sessions
Legacy Home Care understands that clients with cognitive impairments such as Alzheimer’s Disease or certain forms of Dementia have special needs and requirements. Our caregivers are knowledgeable, compassionate and have the patience and experience to deal with these special needs. We will help manage behaviors, keep the client engaged, provide assistance with the activities of daily living, and keep your loved one safe.
Legacy On Demand Concierge Services
Sometimes we need a little help “every now and then” – meaning you don’t need services dictated by a set schedule. We understand that and we can help you out with those “every now and then” tasks whenever you need our services. These services are billed on an hourly basis and require advanced notice.
- On request transportation and companionship to medical and non-medical appointments, salon, pharmacy, senior center, grocery store, dinner. Your destination not listed? Give us a call and we’ll do our best to address your needs. (48 hour notice and 20 mile service radius.)
- Or, we can run errands for you – pick up prescriptions or pick up and drop off dry cleaning, or limited grocery shopping.
Tuck In & Tuck Out Services
Sometimes a little help goes a long way. This program includes 2 hours of service in the morning and 2 hours at night with personal care assistance getting ready for the day and ready for bed.
Hospital to Home Transition Services
When family members and friends are not available, we can fill in the gap. We all need help sometimes, and especially when one is making the transition
from the hospital to home. We can help with transportation, meal preparation, picking up medicine, grocery shopping, errands, tidying up the home, and
providing progress reports to the family.
In 2014, an estimated 43.5 million adults in the United States provided unpaid care to a child or adult with a chronic, disabling or serious health condition (National Alliance for Caregiving (NAC) and AARP Public Policy Institute, 2015).
Nearly 90% of family caregivers caring for someone over the age of 18 do not use respite services.
Legacy Home Care was created because of our personal experiences and the decisions that needed to be made for our loved ones. Often the needs of the family caregiver are never addressed, despite the fact that the family caregiver’s well-being and health is crucial to the individual receiving care. Everyone needs time to relax, rest, and rejuvenate. Call us so that we can serve you and your family, and provide you with some needed rest.
LegacyRespiteCare (LRC) Weekends
Our LegacyRespiteCare is a program for parents with a special needs child or children. Legacy Home Care will provide respite services for you in your home, where your child or children are most comfortable. Unfortunately, among family caregivers of children under 18; 81% do not use respite services(NAC and AARP, 2009).
The services we offer can be tailored to your particular needs. As parents of a special needs child, you know how difficult it is to find time for yourself. Finding time to run errands, or to spend time with your spouse for a night or a weekend, or just time for yourself to relax can be extremely difficult. Legacy is here to serve you and your family….give us a call.
- Hourly weekend daytime care (ex: you need to have a spa treatment, get your nails done, go to the barber shop, or run some errands)
- Hourly weekend evening care (ex: an evening out with your spouse)
- Overnight weekend care (ex: a staycation, or a short trip where you cannot or do not want to take your child)
- Multi-day weekend care (ex: short vacation out of town or business trip)
For parents and caregivers, this time provides a break from care giving responsibilities, time to spend with other family members and friends, or simply a chance to run errands unaccompanied.
Consultations, free assessments, and reservations are required in advance.
Legacy can work with clients who have developmental delays in the moderate to profound range, Autism, and other special needs. We have an R.N. on staff to assess clients to make sure it is an appropriate fit for you and for our agency.
We are unable to accept clients who:
1. Require one-on-one care for medical reasons such as:
a. Ventilator dependent
b. Requiring deep suctioning
c. Life threatening seizure disorder
d. Severely medically fragile
2. Demonstrate frequent behavior that is harmful to themselves or others such as:
a. Hitting or biting self, other clients or staff
b. Throwing objects with the intent to be harmful
c. Aggressive/confrontational/combative behaviors
3. We feel we cannot safely and appropriately serve given our staff availability and training.